BNP Paribas has been present in Poland for almost a century.
Société Générale de Banque (later BNP Paribas Fortis) launched its operations in Poland in 1919, when it co-financed industrial investment projects. In the years 1929-1930, Société Générale de Banque granted loans to Państwowy Bank Rolny (later BGŻ). In 1920, Banque de Paris et des Pays-Bas (Paribas) started to operate in Poland, where it financed e.g. electrification of the railway network.
In 1990, a representative office of Banque Nationale de Paris was opened in Warsaw and in 1994, BNP-Dresdner Bank (Polska) SA obtained a banking license as a joint venture of BNP Paribas and Dresdner Bank AG. Since June 2001, the bank began to operate as an independent company, wholly owned by BNP Paribas, and changed its name to BNP Paribas Bank Polska. In January 2006, it was transformed into a branch of BNP Paribas.
Suwak 3, 02-676 Warszawa – Poland
Keep yourself informed with the most recent updates on FinancialReports, IPOs, product advancements, and other significant news.