TeraPlast is the parent company of the TeraPlast Group, the largest Romanian manufacturer of construction materials.
The company’s history started in 1896, when the first ceramic tile workshop opened in Bistrita. Over the years, the company underwent numerous changes, becoming state-owned in 1948 and being included in the Bistrita Construction Materials Enterprise in 1977.
Through determination and adaptability, in 1990, TeraPlast is formed, following the split of the Bistrita Construction Materials Enterprise. Today, TeraPlast is the only company, detached from the former Enterprise, in activity.
Thanks to its vision and its development plans, the company reached out to external markets and started using state-of-the-art technology early. As a result, in 1992 it formed a partnership with GemencPlast, a Hungarian company.
July 2, 2008Stock exchange(s)
Bucharest Stock Exchange